Duromatic Cookware 6 Piece SetRegular price $650.00 Sale price $520.00 Save $130.00
It's really easy to use a DUROMATIC® Pressure Cooker. Follow the recipe, when you’re ready to bring the pan up to pressure, close the lid, place on the heat, wait till the pressure indicator in the lid has lifted to the right pressure, then control the pressure by turning the heat on the stovetop up or down. Once it is set you can leave it to cook.
The DUROMATIC® pressure cooker has two pressure settings. At 5.8 psi the valve is at the first red ring - use this setting for cooking food such as fish, rice, lentils and most fruit. At 11.6 psi, the second red ring, the pressure is ideal for pulses, meat and root vegetables – use this setting for older recipes that refer to 15 psi.
When the cooking time has been reached the pressure can be released naturally by just turning off the heat, it can be released quicker by depressing the pressure indicator until all the steam has been released, or place the rim of the pressure cooker under tepid running water to cool the pan and reduce the pressure.
- Hand-washing is recommended - for normal soiling, use warm water and dish liquid.
- For a more intensive clean, a build-up of limescale or any discolouration use our Swiss Cleaner
- Avoid abrasive cleaners or the use of dishwashers as this can damage the surface and handles of the pan.
- Never remove food stuck to the pan with sharp objects such as knives, steel wool or scourers.
- Limescale can be easily removed with vinegar or lemon juice.