- 1 pound (450g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Prepare the Shrimp: Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cook the Shrimp: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and let it melt. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the cooked shrimp from the skillet and set them aside.
- Make the Garlic Butter Sauce: In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and minced garlic. Sauté the garlic for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Be careful not to let it brown.
- Combine and Finish: Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss them in the garlic butter sauce. Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and toss again to coat the shrimp evenly. Cook for an additional minute to heat the shrimp through.
- Serve: Transfer the garlic butter shrimp to a serving dish, garnish with chopped fresh parsley, and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Enjoy your quick and delicious garlic butter shrimp as a flavorful appetizer or as a main course with your favorite side dishes!